Part 1 - Important Information
We are the Slithering Source
, the newspaper with a just slightly different take on all of the most recent events. Having watched the incredible progress of the Slytherin Quidditch team
as of last term, we believe that it is time they find a real sponsor. And here we are, ready to take up on that responsibility and provide them with all the best we can do for them!
Slytherin Quidditch players will benefit greatly from working with us, in more than just one sense:
1. Due to our position as one of the leading British underground papers, popularity will only be a short while away for Hogwarts' prime team. Not only will we boast all of their matches in our Sly Sports section, we are also willing to report regularly on the team, announcing dates of their matches and free-to-watch practise sessions. Every once in a while, we could even raffle the occasional meet & greet with the team - of course requiring that the players approve of this idea and have free time at hand, e.g. no upcoming matches or exams.
2. Readers have shown interest in a column lately, developing a neat little fandom for the very individual and simply rather different team. We would offer team members the chance of having a say in a weekly column with changing writers. This would increase the popularity and fanbase while also allowing Slytherins to be role models or get their opinion on important topics out into the open.
3. As part of the advertising campaign coming up, we could feature the team as recurring characters in various kinds of ads. This would allow growing together for our newspaper and the Slytherin Quidditch team: what better chance could there be than being connected to an aspiring British wizarding newspaper? As a further step, we would create advertisements for the team itself, with just the slightest mentioning of our company as their sponsor.
4. Furthermore, we would volunteer to create and fund a website plus forum for only the team, gaining them further popularity through the wide wizarding web. The webpage, in turn, would be advertised for in our newspaper and at some point possibly even in its own advertising campaign.
5. Last but not least, we would naturally offer support to the team concerning their equipment. Quidditch robes, safety gear, match equipment, the latest brooms - you name it, we finance it. We are aware that a team as talented as these young witches and wizards still has certain limits without perfect equipment. The world of Quidditch is tough, and talent alone isn't going to get you anywhere. So this might just be the most important point for the upcoming stars on the Quidditch sky!
But why the Slytherin team, you will surely wonder now. Well, we can explain this easily: Slytherins in general are known for being a bit different - for lack of a more fitting word - and the same principle of difference is also applying to our newspaper. We have the certain proud approach to everyday topics that seems to be lost in the majority of the wizarding population, and we want to share this pride with the few that still have it embedded in their mind and behaviour. Maybe, just maybe we can achieve making it a bit more widely spread again one day, and with the help of exactly this team the probability of this happening is even higher.
Furthermore, there is another kind of difference to this special team, in the sense of individuality. You've got two insane Chasers on random sugar highs, one of them owning an imaginary monkey, which is certainly not usual, and it probably is also the team with the most drama to have taken place in the recently finished season. Combined this promises a good opportunity for marketing strategies as well as high vogue amongst fans both inside and out Hogwarts school.
Of course another reason is that we think of Slytherin as a generally promising team, and which company wouldn't go for the rising star?Part 2 - Creative Time
This is the logo combining the Slytherin shield, since the team is after all the Slytherin Quidditch team, and the name of us, their sponsoring company. We decided to keep it plain and simple so the focus would still be on the game, yet we still wanted our name to be mentioned distinguishably. Therefore, the logo will be placed both in the middle of the front and back of the Quidditch shirt as well as on the back of each robe along with the player's name and individual number.
Naturally, these are all just suggestions, as we surely can't force a team as powerful as the Slytherins to be dependent of our ideas and opinions. We do not want to own or command the team, we simply want to build advantages for them as well as us by working together equally!
As for advantages for our company, due to the good visibility of our logo we would be in the mind of everyone in the crowd and they might just become interested in what kind of company/newspaper we are, so that we have the chance of gaining new costumers. To enhance the advantage of this, we would offer free trial subscriptions to everyone knowing us from a Quidditch match.
Of course the print run of our paper would also be increased by the aforementioned advertisement campaigns, as those would serve us as well as the team. So with our new presence all over various kinds of media plus at matches, we'd gain publicity and therefore benefit from sponsoring by selling our newspaper better.
[The logo's looking kind of weird for me right now, don't know if it's just my computer though. If it's somewhat blurry and has strange edges for you as well, I'm sorry but I couldn't find a way of fixing it. I have a feeling that while uploading it it has also been enlarged or something *is confused*]